Job Summary/Primary Functions:
Dant Crossing is seeking an experienced Bed and Breakfast Manager who is responsible for oversight of all overnight accommodations including staffing, reservation process including guest communications, cleanliness and inspection of guest rooms. Responsible to hire, train, mentor, and develop new and existing staff.
Major Job Responsibilities/Key Duties:
• Schedules room and cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage.
• Inspects all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, equipment, linens, are clean and in good repair.
• Performs all housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds, vacuuming and cleaning.
• Verifies and updates status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
• Notifies the Chief of Hospitality/or Maintenance of repairs necessary.
• Hires, onboards, coaches, and develops staff.
• Determines, or assists in determining, meals, menus, and prices.
• Communicates with overnight guests to include reservation, door codes, and key details to promote satisfaction and ensure a high-quality experience.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
• Understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
• Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of guests.
• Ability to perform consistent work to the highest of standards.
• Ability to interact with guests in a pleasant, friendly way.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Excellent organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description
• Good time management
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, post-high school preferred
• Minimum of 3 years in housekeeping management position.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Able to work flexible hours and shifts.
Reports to: Chief of Hospitality