Website Dant Crossing
Dant Crossing Management is looking for a full-time Graphic/Web Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for various media in the print and digital realms. The ideal candidate will have a strong graphic portfolio, love technology, and work across multiple platforms (web, mobile, and apps).
This position includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing, and creating graphics, including illustrations, logos, layouts, and photos. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be one of the team members to shape the visual aspects of websites, ad campaigns, social media platforms, magazines, brand assets, merchandise, and more.
The candidate will need to have a creative flair and a solid ability to translate requirements into design. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. To be successful in this position, you will be a self-starter, show impressive attention to detail, and can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team.
Major Responsbilities/Key Duties:
• Design any/all daily/weekly projects posted in Basecamp.
• Execute design projects for the Sales, Hospitality, and Marketing departments.
• Execute website updates needed on all company web platforms Study design briefs and determine requirements.
• Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
• Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
• Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs.
• Use the appropriate brand standard colors and layouts for each graphic.
• Work with creative team to produce final design.
• Test graphics across various media.
• Amend designs after feedback.
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
• Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
• Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size, and style and submitting them for approval.
• Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
• Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
• Communicating with vendors, distributors, partners, and clients about layout and design.
• Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral.
• Ensure all projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
• Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
• Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
• Experience working with a wide range of media.
• Creates and produces a wide range of web products: HTML, Java scripts, CMS Systems WordPress, etc.
• Conducts usability testing, including testing live sites, apps, prototypes.
• Works with UX team to conduct applicable pre-launch user testing to ensure implemented designs meet user needs and brand experience expectations.
• Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Experience with Basecamp or similar project management software
• 3-5 years experience in graphic design
• Proven graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
• Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
• A strong eye for visual composition
• Effective multitasking and time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
• Able to give and receive constructive criticism
• Understanding of marketing, production, website design, brand(s)identity, product packaging, advertisements, merchandising, and multimedia design
• Experience with computer-aided design
• Team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
• Excellent customer service – Using every internal/external customer interaction as an opportunity to impress them with a “Wow” factor. Thanking the customer for choosing Log Still Distillery Brand/Service.
• Ability to make others feel welcome, through a combination of authenticity, humility, and kindness, and lead by example
• Exceptional time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Strong work ethic
• Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description.
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
• Must be flexible and able to manage multiple processes simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
Special Working Conditions:
• Able to work flexible hours and shifts.