Dant Crossing is seeking an experienced Line Cook to join our team. The Line Cook will require extensive knowledge and experience in fine dining and in creating an overall amazing experience for each guest. Patrons of this establishment will have a high level of expectation and this team member must be able to provide exceptional levels of guest satisfaction and have an exceptional attention to detail. Special events team will take on a variety of responsibilities, creating an all-inclusive atmosphere of team building and comradery.
Major Job Responsibilities/Key Duties:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- Prepares ingredients then cook and assemble dishes as indicated by recipes
- Performs portion control and minimizes waste to keep cost within forecasted range
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner by restocking ingredients at workstation and meeting prep times to ensure smooth delivery
- Sets up and cleans station according to restaurant protocol
- Maintains a clean workstation area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves
- Complies with applicable sanitary, health, and personal hygiene standards
- Ensures quality and freshness of ingredients and products
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the line supervisor, sous-chef, or executive chef
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Restaurant or customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures
- High level of professionalism
- Exceptional time management skills: ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description
- Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Special Working Conditions (e.g., Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
- Must be able to stand continuously throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable bending, climbing, reaching, stooping, and moving quickly
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Sous Chef