Dant Crossing is seeking a dependable and experienced Prep Cook. The Prep Cook will require extensive knowledge and experience in fine dining and in creating an overall amazing experience for each guest. Patrons of this establishment will have a high level of expectation and this team member must be able to provide exceptional levels of guest satisfaction and have an exceptional attention to detail. Special events team will take on a variety of responsibilities, creating an all-inclusive atmosphere of team building and comradery.
Major Job Responsibilities/Key Duties:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Restaurant or customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures
- High level of professionalism
- Exceptional time management skills: ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description
- Effective oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills; ability to effectively correspond with guests via formal letters, email, online social media, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Special Working Conditions (e.g., Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
- Must be able to stand continuously throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable bending, climbing, reaching, stooping, and moving quickly
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Sous Chef