Dant Crossing is seeking a full-time, experienced hospitality professional who is primarily responsible for serving breakfast on a timely basis through providing beverage service, serving breakfast courses, cleaning and re-setting the dining room, room service deliveries and other tasks as needed.
Major Job Responsibilities/Key Duties:
Prepares and cooks various items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional requirements, or numbers of portions to be served.
• Bakes breads, rolls, and pastries.
• Serves food to guests.
• Washes cooking equipment such as pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other pieces.
• Develops, compiles, and maintains food records regarding use and expenditures.
• Inventories supplies and equipment.
• Determines, or assists in determining, meals, menus, and prices.
• Ensures the cleanliness and functional operation of galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas by routinely cleaning and inspecting each piece.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
• Basic understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
• Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of guests.
• Ability to perform consistent work to the highest of standards.
• Ability to interact with guests in a pleasant, friendly way.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Excellent organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
• Empathy- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Teamwork – Ability to flex scope of responsibility and perform other functions as needed, regardless of job description
• Good time management
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
• High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics, such as food safety, preferred.
• One year of related experience preferred.
Special Working Conditions (e.g. Temperature Extremes, Lifting, Noise, Off-shifts)
• Able to work flexible hours and shifts.
Reports to: Chief of Hospitality